Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

another portfoilio



Graduating with an art degree is very complicated.  I submitted one portfolio and got into the art departemtent, allowing me to be an art major.  For the past 2 weeks I have had little time for anything else because I have been working hard to get my next portfoilio ready.  This one has the work from my 2 art classes here at Appalachian- Design Fundamentals I & II.  I had to fix some little spots on the 3D pieces, actually do the last project (Soapstone carving), and take picture of it all, typing up info about them.

Yesterday I spent 7 hours straight in the art building working on the soapstone.  FINALLY it is done.  I am posting all of the pictures.  Mainly so that I can feel like someone other than the foundations committee will see all this hard work!

Design Fundamentals I:

cut paper












acrylic paint











 acrylic paint










acrylic paint












 acrylic paint- Showing emotion with leaves



















digital artwork- CD cover












acrylic paint









Digital artwork

 











Design Fundamentals II:

wire












Illustration board













wire- self portrait in the style of Alexander Calder


















clay- Metamorphosis from Mechanical to Organic

















illustration board- 2 sides of organized religion













soapstone- 3rd piece from the metamorphosis above

No comments:

Post a Comment