Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

GM Diet - Day 4

Day 4: 10 cups water, Wonder Soup, up to 8 bananas, exactly 3 cups of milk

Apparently, some people think that day 4 of the GM diet sounds absolutely dreadful. On this day, all you can consume, besides water and the Wonder Soup, is skim milk and bananas. I love bananas, so I can definitely handle eating the up to 8 bananas that the diet allows. But I really despise drinking milk plain. Give me enough chocolate cupcakes, and I'll down an entire gallon of milk. But unfortunately, chocolate of any sorts is off-limits during the diet. So I came up with a couple ways to sneak in the milk without having to just straight chug the required 24 oz of milk.

For breakfast I created a magnificent concoction. It is probably going to become a regular meal, even after the GM diet. Behold, the Banana Smoothie:

           1 banana
           1 cup skim milk
           1 tsp vanilla extract
           2 tsp cinnamon
           6 ice cubes

As shown to the right, this recipe makes 2 servings, or one really large serving. It may have been cheating to add the vanilla extract, but trust me, it was worth it. Besides, surely 1 teaspoon of the extract is barely anything.







For lunch I had yet another delicious treat, once again with only 1 tsp. of "cheating." I enjoyed a modified version of one of my favorite treats: Fried Bananas:

          1 banana
          1/4 cup skim milk
          1 tsp. olive oil
          1 Tbsp. cinnamon
   
As shown to the right, this recipe IS DELICIOUS! The reason that I said that I cheated on this one is because I made two bananas worth, thus doubling the olive oil used to 2 tsp., rather than the 1 tsp. that is allowed. Luckily, I use Extra Light Olive Oil, so maybe it'll even out.

To make these, you cut the banana, dip the slices in milk, then dip them in cinnamon. Then fry them in your tiny bit of oil. They get warm, soft, and delicious. If you used a little more olive oil or some Pam, they'd get a little crispy too. You don't really get to count the 1/4 cup milk used here because it is just to get the cinnamon to stick. But these were delicious with a glass of skim milk, so that's how I got another cup of it in!


No comments:

Post a Comment