Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

GM Diet - Day 3

Day 3: 10 cups of water, Wonder Soup, fruits, & vegetables.

Day 3 of the GM diet is all about fruits and veggies. I started the day off with a berry smoothie consisting of: blueberries, blackberries, 2 kiwis, fresh coconut, a splash of fresh grapefruit juice, and ice. For lunch, I had a delicious bowl of peaches and blackberries. I did cheat a little bit, by adding a packet of Truvia natural sweeter. The plan says not to use sugar or sweeteners through the entire week. I'm not sure that Truvia is actually against the rules since it is technically part of a plant, but it's still worth mentioning.

For Day 3's dinner, I ate at Ruby Tuesday's. This weekend was actually very challenging because my parents were in town. There were lots of opportunities for delicious (and free!) meals! But we picked Ruby Tuesday's for dinner because of their amazing salad bar and veggie plate! The vegetable plate there comes with three sides and a trip to the salad bar. So, I got a spinach and lettuce salad, topped with some vegetables and oil and vinegar as a dressing. As my sides, I ordered steamed broccoli, grilled zucchini, and sugar snap peas. I was amazed that I could actually go out to dinner and still [just barely] manage to follow the diet's rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment