Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

GM Diet - Day 2

Day 2: 10 cups of water, Wonder Soup, & vegetables.

Well, I'm on Day 2 of the GM diet.Eating a potato for breakfast this morning was odd, but I actually wasn't even hungry for lunch until 1:30 pm!

So, when hunger finally did arrive, I had 1 cup of the Wonder Soup. It filled me up AND only came in at around 70 calories. I had packed some carrots for a snack, but I didn't even need them.

For dinner I made a huge heap of roasted zucchini and broccoli. The thing that makes these vegetables so good is that they are SO crunchy and flavorful. And (besides all the olive oil used in the original recipe) they are actually better for you because you aren't steaming out all the nutrients. Even after significantly reducing the amount of olive oil I used, they were still delicious! I originally started cooking my broccoli this way after an amazing Pinterest find called The Best Broccoli Ever. I have adapted this recipe over time, and further adapted it for the purposes of the GM diet. So here is my recipe for GM Diet Brocolli and Zucchini:

1 fresh zucchini
1 head broccoli
1 tsp. olive oil
minced garlic (or fresh garlic/garlic powder)
zest from 1 lemon
juice from 1/2 lemon
cayenne pepper
chili pepper
salt & pepper
onion powder
*white vinegar

The trick is to make sure all the veggies are very dry before you try to cook them. Then toss them with all of the ingredients I listed. Cook at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip over veggies the best you can, and then cook for an additional 10 minutes.

*Note: I normally cook these vegetables with more olive oil than the 1 tsp. that is allowed on the GM diet. Lessening the olive oil (as shown in the recipe above) made them a little more dry than usual, so I added a splash of vinegar, and they were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment